Each time a new Tesla software update pop on the screen, I wonder what new features that’ll give or improve. If you are like me and wondering about it, this guide would be informative.
Well, the most popular updates for Tesla firmware software are 2023.6, 2023.2, and 2022.45. Each update adds good features and changes to improve the work or fix minor errors too. Plus, Tesla does great to make improvements.
In this guide, I’ll share what’s new in the latest software updates you’ll get and other improvements. Let’s Learn!
Details Of The Latest Tesla Software Update!
Tesla offers new firmware updates to fix bugs, add new traits, or improve existing features. Let’s learn about the recent Tesla software changelog in 2023:
This update contains 3 versions that include 2023.6.1, 2023.6.8, and 2023.6.9. To put it simply, the versions are released on March 3, March 18, and finally March 23 this year. Here’s what’s new in the Tesla after the update:
Added New Features
- Park Assist: Gives audio and visual alerts when your car is surrounded by objects.
- Steering Wheel Heat: Depending on the climate control set temperature, it manually heats the steering wheel.
- New Language Support: The car adds the Icelandic language to use. So, you can change the language settings to this language.
- Dog Mode: You can see via the interior camera from the mobile app when using Dog Mode or Sentry Mode.
- Sentry Mode Live Camera: This trait lets you see your surroundings using the Tesla app after you parked to know the safety of the environment.
- Trip Planner: Provides stops at SCs (Supercharger) if the car needs charging.
- Zoom Meetings: Allows you to make video calls using Zoom with the interior cabin camera.
- Apple Music: Includes the Apple Music app to use in Tesla cars.
Fix Bugs To Improve The Performance
In all series of Tesla, the screen will always show the reverse camera when the car is in reverse. Well, this has been a big issue as the app shows a gray screen or doesn’t display the reverse view option.
Along with that, the screen will show a “warming up” sign in the red shade above the cabin temperature. Plus, it improves surfing by fixing bugs in the browser.
Also, the screen shows the updated image on the tire pressure swappable card only on Model 3 and Y. In fact, it’ll now show the vehicle from a 3/4 view from the rear.
Then again, the screen will display a visualization of the car on the center screen on the Model S and X. Thanks to this, you can easily open the frunk, trunk, lock, and so on.
This update is the Tesla latest software update! Well, it fixes bugs and adds great traits after giving 7 versions of updates such as 2023.2.0.5, 2023.2.10, 2023.2.11, 2023.2.12, 2023.2.13, 2023.2.300, and 2023.2.301. And, these are released from January 24 – March 27.
After learning about the versions, I’ll share what’s new it offers and the fixes of bugs below:
Adds New Features
- Auto Steering Wheel Heat: It can heat the steering wheel depending on the climate control set temperature.
- Sentry Mode Lighting: If a threat is detected, the Sentry Mode pulse softly to inform you that the car is recording the video. Plus, the pulsing light runs for 60 seconds or when the car is unlocked.
- Speed Assist: The car can figure out the speed limit signs.
- Mahjong: You’ll able to play tile match games known as Mahjong.
- Thai Voice Navigation: The car provides a Thai language option for voice navigation.
- Handwriting Keyboard: You can write text using your finger by clicking on the handwriting icon.
- WeChat Mini Programs: The car offers options to pick one program from the WeChat mini-programs option.
- Mango TV: You can access and watch videos in the Mango TV app.
Fix Bugs To Improve The Performance
The recent update V2023.2.301 improves a few bugs in the Service Mode on all series. For example, you’ll see a new Charging menu under the “High Voltage” option.
Along with that, the screen will show a cable connected when you open the latch or press the button on the charger.
Moreover, you’ll after this update can see the (SC) Supercharger prices, kWh, distance, and other details when searching for SCs nearby.
Also, Tesla offers an option for you to see the vehicle’s cabin camera in a live view state using the cabin camera while within the car. Through this, you’ll also find 3 gray heat ‘waves” icons if you set the seat heaters in the car’s launcher.
However, the “Suspension” option for the car is the display is redesigned only on Model S and X. After that, the ride height will show at the top of the menu close to the car’s image.
This update improves the FSD Beta system and adds new features so that you can enjoy driving better. In short, it has around 4 versions which are:
- 2022.45.12 (FSD Beta 11.3.3)
- 2022.45.11 (FSD Beta 11.3.2)
- 2022.45.10 (FSD Beta 11.3.1)
- 2022.45.5 (FSD Beta 11.3)
Among these versions, the recent software update is 2022.45.12 which improves intelligence, behavior, and other stuff. To understand it better, be sure to check the Tesla FSD Beta update where I’ve explained this in detail.
It also improves the OTA recall, driving visualization, FSD Beta Suspension, and Park Assist. Along with that, the new update fixes the new visualizations, voice drive notes, FSD Beta messages, minimal lane changes, reorganized Autopilot option, and other bugs.
To ensure a better driving experience, Tesla software update is vital for all owners. With each update, the car does better as Tesla engineers improve its traits and do minor fixes.
As you can update the latest firmware by installing it, make this a habit. For that, use the touchscreen (Controls > Software > Update available) and the Tesla app (Software Update > Install).
Hope you find this guide helpful and always update the software to get all the better features in your car. Keep Up The Good Work!