Sometimes the Tesla screen stop showing the options and go blank or just don’t act at all when using the app. It happens due to internal bugs or some inner function that needs action.
If your Tesla won’t wake up, then it’s best to try the given methods than wait for it to resolve by itself. Here’s what you need to do:
- Reboot The Tesla.
- Do the updates on the car & Tesla app.
- Setup The Location.
- Delete & Reinstall the Tesla app.
In this guide, I’ll break down the above 4 methods and explain all of them in the upcoming segment. Let Me Show You!
Tesla Won’t Wake Up Until You Try These Fixes
In order to fix the issue of not waking up, Tesla might need some treatment to keep the car working fine. Here’s how you can wake up using the app:
Method #1: Reset the System
Most of the time, the Tesla Model X won’t wake up when it’s having internal bugs. To reset the system so that it functions properly, the procedure is given below.
- Hold the 2 scroll buttons of the steering wheel for around 10 seconds.
- Then, the main or central screen will start to reboot.
- Wait for it to complete the procedure. This is how do you reset the black screen on a Tesla.
Method #2: Update the Remaining Software
A lot of times the available update causes the Tesla Model S slow to wake up as well as other models. This can be fixed if you follow the given instruction.
- Go to the touchscreen and hit the Tesla icon on the screen.
- Click on the Software option.
- Scroll down to find the remaining software that needs update under the Update Available section.
- Click on it to start the download and install process. Be sure your Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Use your phone and click on the Tesla app.
- In the front section, click on the Software Update bar.
- A pop-up prompt will show on the screen with 2 options Install and Cancel.
- Hit the Install and wait for it to complete the software update.
Method #3: Adjust the Location in Tesla App
If you have changed your phone location or maybe go to random places, it can cause the Tesla app to track the zone. During this process, it can face struggling to wake up.
To troubleshoot the Tesla app location in Android OS, go to your Settings > App > search for the Tesla app and click on it. Then, go to App Permission > Location and select ‘Allow only while using the app option.’
To troubleshoot the Tesla app location in iPhone iOS, go to Settings and scroll down to find the Tesla app. Click on it and at the top section, you’ll find the Location option. Hit the option and select the ‘While Using the App’ bar.
Method #4: Uninstall & Install the Tesla App
When the Tesla Model 3 doesn’t wake up as well as other models, this might happen due to the Tesla app crash. Sometimes the app can get stuck to function which can be solved if you simply reinstall the app.
Just click on the app for 5 – 6 seconds and you’ll find Uninstall or Delete option. And then, you have to download the app from App Store or Play Store.
How Do I Turn My Tesla Screen Back On!
- Activate the park mode in your car.
- Press the left and right scroll buttons on the steering wheel until the screen is all black.
- Wait for the screen to show the Tesla logo.
- After that, let it sit for 30 seconds so that it can function properly, and the screen comes back on.
How Do You Fix a Tesla Screen That Won’t Turn On?
- Hold the 2 scroll buttons while pressing the brake pedal for around 15 seconds. Wait for 20 seconds for the screen to turn on.
- Check the back mount that holds the screen in the Tesla front panel.
- Find the back plugs by removing the front panels and unscrewing some bolts to reach the interior side that hides the plugs. Check if the plugs are properly attached or not.
Now that it’s clear to you, it’s time to fix the Tesla won’t wake up issue ASAP. It won’t take a single penny so be sure to try the above techniques and see the result for yourself.
But yes, do not forget to call or appoint the Tesla Care Center to find the faulty parts and repair them if the above techniques fail.
Hope you find this guide informative and helpful to do it yourself and fix all the bugs. See You in The Next Guide!